Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Im ***** ***** i have a 99 izusu npr w/ 5.7l gm gas engine i

Customer Question

hi im ***** ***** i have a 99 izusu npr w/ 5.7l gm gas engine i changed alt and now have no brake assist and light on dash. do i need to bleed prime pump on back of alt?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: pedal is fine for 1st pump after that is hard like no vac is accumulating to run booster
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
brakes were fine before i changed alt. does trk have to run for a wile to break in pump and seat vanes in pump?
it is producing vaccum but not enough
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Double check and make sure everything was installed and connected properly when this was replaced and make sure nothing was bumped loose or damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete