Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Doing work on my car n hooked battery back up n now it won't

Customer Question

Doing work on my car n hooked battery back up n now it won't start it has a GPS tracking device the finance company. They sent a signal to it n it still won't start
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The battery was unhooked for a few days n when I hooked them up n tried to start my car it does absolutely nothing u turn key to start n it dims the lights n that's it. It don't turn over or anything
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've called the finance company that holds the lien n they sent a jumpstart signal n car won't start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: No that's it
JA: Our top Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what work was performed???

do you have a voltmeter to do some checks

they cannot send a jump shot over the air. they may have disabled the no start for the gps to help you but that would be the extent of it

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've put volt meter on battery n everything there is fine. I've called them n still won't start. They told me to contact the dealer I got the car from to see if they can troubleshoot the problem
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

ok, what is the battery voltage???

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
12.6
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

good, what is the voltage when the key is in the start position???

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The same
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

ok, you need to go to the starter motor and check the small wire on the solenoid and see what the voltage is in the start position

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's all normal at 12.6
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

where??? if it all normal, then it should start

if you have that voltage at the solenoid, then you have a bad starter motor

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It don't turn over it don't do anything. U turn the key n the radio goes out like it normally does when u start a vehicle
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

you said you did the checks and they were fine as you stated, based on your test results it needs a starter motor

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Starter was working fine until I unhooked batter to do some mechanical work on it
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

once again, based on your test results that is the conclusion. I dont know what to tell you. unless you did not so the actual tests.

Roy