Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 2003 isuzu ascender won't start!. when you crank the car,

Customer Question

my 2003 isuzu ascender won't start!. when you crank the car, nothing; however, the interior lights are off as well as the radio. when you try shift from park to neutral, it won't let you. what might be the cause?
Category: Car
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 8 months ago.

Hello , will the headlights come on & are they bright ? Thanks Joey

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no nothing the battery has a charge it ran fin last night but it would not start today I have the key also gets stuck in the ignition if you try to crank it the check engine light some times comes on very faint but if you step on the break it goes out I did hear some clicking from under the drivers side panel and a buzzing coming from either the ignition or the turn signal switch

Hello , sorry need to send the question back in ill Opt-Out.....some one will be back to you Thanks

Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My nme is Amedee and I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help?

Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.

Are you looking for some possib le causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.

Are you sure that the battery is not bad? Even if it has a charge, it may just simply be bad. Check the battery voltage under a load. It should not drop below about 10 volts when trying to start the engine. If so, chances are the battery is bad and will need to be replaced. If this checks out good, then I would suspect a bad connection at or after the battery or even a blown fuse or fusible link. Please send me your engine size so I can pull a wiring diagram for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
4wd 6cyl
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.
Ok please check the battery voltage when trying to start the engine and let me know. You will need an assistant to help out with this.
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.

.

Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

Let me know!