Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2005 Bentley Gt. My air suspension lifts fine. I do

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Bentley Gt. My air suspension lifts fine. I do have a shock absorber workshop fault light on. I do believe this happened after I jacked up car without jack mode. I can't remeber any insihgt?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely this caused an error code to set and may have thrown out calibration of the ride height when this was jacked up without jack mode on.What will need to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicle and will communicate with all computers.Once this is done try and clear out the codes to see if they just need reset to correct this here.If the fault re occurs then I would see if the ride height needs recalibrated with the scan tool/computer to correct this here.

One of these should correct this fault here.A local parts store might be able to plug in their scan tool to do this or check this in most cases at no charge but if they cannot do this then a facility that works on this model would have to do this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What type of scan tool is needed for the Bentley Gt? Im also getting my tpms sensors put back in factory wheels. Will I have to do anything to clear the tpms fault once they are reinstalled?
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

You will have to have a tire pressure relearn done with either the same scan tool or a tire shops TPMS tool.Usually the tire shop will do this at no cost to you if they have the vehicle on hand when they swap out the sensors.

The vag-com will work on your model as well as any other high end scan tool for this.The best choice of course is the dealers.Here is a link you can enter your vin into to see what scan tool is best.

http://store.ross-tech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=RTAC&Store_Code=RS

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do i change the rear passenger regulator in a 2005 bentley gt. It wont come out.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Is this a window regulator?