sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Rice here,my Suzuki aireo has broken rear hatch handle,how

Customer Question

rice here,my Suzuki aireo has broken rear hatch handle,how do I replace and where is inside handle for hatch,thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tried to open rear hatch and the handle broke,so I can't get into it from outside,and I don't know where the inside release handle,button,whatever is located Suzuki aireo sx
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Some models have an interior handle on the hatch trim panel directly next to the latch area and it would be very apparent. If you do not see this handle then there isn't one on the inside.

If there isn't a way to open it from the outside then you'll need to remove the trim panel while the hatch is closed, gain access to the linkage and move it by hand to open the hatch and then you can replace the handle. There are screws at the outsides of the panel and then it's held on with push in clips. If you're unable to access the screws then you'd have to pull the panel away enough in the center to get your arm inside and find the handle linkage.

Once you have access to the inside then replacing the handle will just consist of popping the rod off that goes to the latch, and removing the four nuts that hold the handle to the hatch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you *****

Great, I'm glad to hear it!