Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

Someone t my 2007 Suzuki XL7's side mirror. The mirror

Customer Question

Someone hit my 2007 Suzuki XL7's side mirror. The mirror (glass only) is now misaligned and won't work via the automatic control button. Ebay is showing the mirror for about $23. Do you think this price comes with the internal parts to do the replacement or just the mirror glass? There is no damage on the outer casing of the mirror.
The Suzuki parts store wants $380, a big difference, so will I be missing some parts buying this eBay mirror?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 months ago.

Hello, the glass can be changed, Hard to explain how but basically it is clipped into a slot in which you have to wedge in a screwdriver, using twist motion to pop the glass off the socket, New one is pressed in my hand, May? help if most old glass is broken away, If still does not work? then the mirror motor /gearing is bad and will need thew whole mirror Here is a link to view. not viewing the post at Ebay but price? likely just the mirror witht he mounting on backside of the glass, Now, if you are viewing a full mirror for $23? this would be the easiest and that is a good price