Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

How do I put the harmonic balancer back on right on a 2008

Customer Question

how do I put the harmonic balancer back on right on a 2008 Isuzu i290 pickup
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 months ago.

Hello, have you tried to install? what specific questions do you have about putting it on>? just curious about what you mean by "put it on right" thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Harmonic balancer has no key way the pullie on crankshaft doe it mater does it have any marks to line up

Sorry for the delay, I had to step away, No,, some engines do not use an alignment key and this is one of those, The engine is balanced internally and the crank sensor is at the rear of the engine and does not read off the balancer on this engine, You just put the pulley on where you want but, be sure to hit the front center face to drive it on some as the bolt is not long engough to grab enough threads and if you dont tap on with hammer some? you run the risk of stripping the bolt threads as you draw the balancer back on. There is a tool to do this but not needed asa long as you hit is on as far as you can so you have more bolt threads to draw it on the crank, You can position the balancer where you wish just be sure it is tight. Needs to be 110 ft lbs which is very tight