Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have multiple codes on 04 grand prix gtp, The car bogs down

Customer Question

have multiple codes on 04 grand prix gtp
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car bogs down when you try to accelerate rapidly. so we took it to get codes ran and it has 11 different codes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an 04 Pontiac Gtp We recently changed the throttle body. But we still get 11 codes. B0103, U1000, u1064, u1096, c0040, c0035, c0197, o2sensor bank 1 sensor 2, p0137, p0300, and o2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2. The car runs fine for the most part. but if you try to rapidly accelerate the car will bog down. the traction and stability lights as well as the check engine light are on.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the b and u codes have no effect on the running of the car. they are abs and air bag codes

the 137 and 300 are the engine codes. the 300 code is the primary. the first thing I would do is check the fuel pressure. this is the most common failure for this code and the lean signal for O2 sensor and your description.

Roy