Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2006 LR3, unplugged the 2 large plugs in between the rear

Customer Question

2006 LR3, unplugged the 2 large plugs in between the rear drivers tire and the spare under the car...in order to clean them. Didn't disconnect the battery first. Reconnected everything, put the key in, all dash lights coming up, hazard lights flashing, letter E showing for transmission. Did a hard reset (pos/neg touch, did nothing. Do I need to have the dealer do an ECU flash?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: check all fuses, look ok. Car was running fine up until I did this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so I made deposit but no answer yet. do I have to wait 24hrs for an answer?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the connections you disconnected and reconnected and see if any bent pins or damaged pins are found.If any bent or damaged pins are found this will need corrected.If this is found to be o.k. try locking and unlocking your vehicle with the key or remote and see if this corrects the no start issue here.If none of this works most likely one or more fault codes set with this fault here.A scan tool fully compatible with your model needs plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed and repaired to correct this here.In some cases all that is needed is to clear out any codes set with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete