Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

On a four wire flat harness wiring, what is the proper way

Customer Question

On a four wire flat harness for trailer wiring, what is the proper way to split the brown wire for both left and right running lights coming from the connector to the trailer harness?
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The proper way to split the running lights is to take the power wire for each side of the trailer and wither them in conjunction with the running light power wire in the 4 wire socket. In short, you would have three wires connected. Power, trailer running light power left and trailer running light power right.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer