Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

2003 Allison Transmission. After driving 1/2 hour at a

Customer Question

2003 Allison Transmission. After driving for about 1/2 hour at a constant speed the transmission shifts to Low gear. I pull over, sometimes it will stay in neutral when I shift to park. I shut down wait 25 to 30 minutes. It starts and shifts normally.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing - Waiting to hear if other folks had like or similar problems and what remedy they found that worked.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

are there any codes being set in the ECM or the TCM ?

when this acts up the gear indicator will not match the physical gear selection ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no numeric codes. The gear indicator remains where it was even though the transmission downshifted.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

does the gear indicator always match the correct gear the shifter is in physically ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?