Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

I need help finding a diagram of the ecm pins because I'm

Customer Question

I need help finding a diagram of the ecm pins because I'm trying to diagnose dtc's P0122 P0222 and P0489 on a 2006 Land Rover LR3. the wire is getting enough voltage going to the tps and egr valve the throttle body isn't the problem because the new one isn't working either. I'm looking for a short to ground to the ecm because that's the only thing I can think of.
Category: Car
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

For those pin outs; V6 or V8? Are you trying to diagnose this issue with a generic scan tool or IDS?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

Here are the engine diagrams for the 4.0,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

The 4.4,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's the 4.4L V8. It won't run. It runs really rough then stalls. But if I take the connector out of the TPS it will run rough but stay running which is why I thought it was the tps. The tps is also making a high pitch humming noise when I have the car on run. And I'm looking for a diagram like this so I can do a resistance test from the ecm to the connector because IDK what else to do besides take it to the dealership. I'm a student at Lincoln Tech so I have an idea of what I'm doing I just don't have the experience
Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

I went to Lincoln Tech back in the early 80's, good school.

Have you the meanings of all of those codes?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

I assume you did since you are worried about the tps, the other P0489 is about the egr. Here they are anyhow,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeah it's low voltage to sensor A and B input. The egr I believe is integrated with the tps so if I fix the low tps problem I believe it will fix the egr. I just can't find a diagram layout of the ecm pins so I don't have to take the wiring harness apart where it plugs into the ecm
Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

I gave you the wiring diagrams showing the pins, only it's not a pinout schematic, it stills shows where the wires go to the ecm/pcm. The egr is at the bottom of that first page.

The tps or accelerator pedal is on the last page, bottom left.

The 5 volt reference wires come from pin 32, the red wire for 5 volt reference 1 and the other is the orange/yellow wire from pin 19, 5 volt reference 2.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

The electronic throttle unit is at the bottom left of the second page, tps1 pin 65 red wire, tps2 pin 67 the yellow wire and 5v ref pin 72, the orange/yellow wire.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

Actually the accelerator pedal was not the tps, the electronic throttle unit was. the accelerator pedal part was I believe the sensor actually on the gas pedal and the other, the electronic throttle unit, is at the throttle body.