Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Just put a new axle in my 2002 Suzuki XL7, got it back

Customer Question

Just put a new axle in my 2002 Suzuki XL7, got it back together and now its got a real bad sway in it while driving it down the road. It is also now making a popping noise under front end. What would cause this and how do you fix?
Category: Car
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

Sounds like the axle is not seated all the way in the transmission. Either that or there is an issue with the sway bar, did you have to unbolt the sway bar links or bushings to remove the axle? Also, is the noise happening all the time or just when you are accelerating?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the noise can only be heard when it is sitting still and the sway is at like 40 mph and faster almost jerks you across road and if you hit a bump it throws the whole vehicle

Check to make sure that the axle is in the transmission all of the way.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the axle is in the front end and it is all the way against it and seated wont come back out without pulling whole axle again

Ok, so the axle is pushed all of the way up against the transmission housing? Can you check and see if the clip is still on the old axle to ensure that it did not fall off?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the clip is still on old axle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can you get the boltsto the suspension to tight?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's 4WD and differential is in front end the axle goes into the pumpkin
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. The tech which was helping has opted out.
  2. Would you like me to help?