Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

We have a Maserati gran tourismo with a dead battery and we

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****, we have a Maserati gran tourismo with a dead battery and we cannot access the trunk
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is 2015 model. the battery is dead, the key is locked in the ignition and the trunk will not open. is there a manual trunk relase
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

I don't know if there is a manual trunk release or not, because I have no access to Maserati owners or repair manuals but the cigar lighter should be a direct line to the battery so you should be able to charge the battery back up by using a battery charger and an adapter plugged into that cigar lighter socket, like this http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0661/9627/products/Cigarette_Power_Adapter_1024x1024.jpg?v=1421218519

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

Did that work?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.