Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have a 2008 landrover discovery lr2 hse. it is not

Customer Question

I have a 2008 landrover discovery lr2 hse. it is not cranking when THE BUTTON WITH FOB DOCKED .THIS HAPPENED LAST NIGHT AND I am still stranded.
Category: Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry to hear this is happening, does the key lock and unlock the car? did the key get wet at all? was it dropped?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

hello did you get the car figured out? do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has to towed to the dealer you never gave me any answer or idea
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

i responded right after you asked the question and have not heard anything since feb 29, i was just checking back. what did they fix? also you are welcome to get a refund or keep a credit here with us. no worries

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr Lou, it is a no start. ignition is on radio can play and dashboard accessories. Obviously there is a problem with ignition system, the car does not crank; not sure if it is the security breach that caused the crash of the ignition system or if it may be something else; fuses and relays seems fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have nothing like service manual or scan for this vehicle. You know if they are available in USA?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is just a simple scanner for codes. Any scanner can do that. I meant a scanner that is specific and has the capability of programming the vehicle systems.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-LAND-ROVER-IDS-SDD-Dealer-Level-Diagnostics-Reflashing-System-TOUGHBOOK-/222029821092

ALSO THE service manuals are discontinued from the dealer. i am checking a few other sources