Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a JD "G" (unstyled) that pops and misses after

Customer Question

I have a JD "G" (unstyled) that pops and misses after starting. If you remove either one of the plug wires it will run steady on one cyl. You can short/ground the removed plug wire with no change. Any ideas as what to look for?
Category: Car
Expert:  TimCoons replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  TimCoons replied 9 months ago.

Can you please explain your problem in more detail?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The govenor has been rebuilt but the engine runs erattic with both plug wires connected. Seems to have a good spark when testing to ground. Plug wires and ends look OK.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dale, My name is***** will be glad to help. Please post the full model number of your John Deere G or any engine information and year to try to get you the most accurate information.

First you will want to replace the spark plugs and wires along with the distributor cap and rotor for a tune up. At the same time you can test your compression and verify the timing is in spec. If ok then also be sure the carburetor is clean and the fuel pump if not gravity fed on yours is good with no leaks in the fuel lines. Let me know