Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

1999 2.2 Isuzu Rodeo. Timing belt installation. It is

Customer Question

1999 2.2 Isuzu Rodeo. Timing belt installation. It is installed but won't start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My friend installed it after he discovered and replaced 2 failed pulleys midway down the block that had failed. At first the engine ran very rough so he moved the belt around then it wouldn't start at all. He consulted the computer and realigned the top poulleys to no avail.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure and good compression. You need to check each one of these thing starting with the engine compression . Post back with the results and we can work from there. If the timing is off, the compression will be affected. Let me know.