sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

MY ISUZU I-280 HAS IDLE SO LOW IT DIES OFTEN
, WHEN

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Isuzu. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: WHEN FIRST STARTED IT IDLES FINE BUT AS IT WARMS UP THE IDLE DROPS SO LOW IT DIES OFTEN
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'VE CHANGED THE CAM AND CRANK SENSORS
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Isuzu?
Customer: NOT THAT I'M AWARE OF
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

Low idle could be caused by quite a few things. It could be an idle air control motor issue or simply carbon buildup in the throttle body and IAC, it could be an inaccurate throttle position sensor signal, or it could be an engine performance issue where the engine is running too poorly to maintain idle.

What year is the truck?

Have you checked for fault codes?