Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Pearl
, Hyundai Sonata 2001
, Sonata 2001
,

Customer Question

Hi there, Pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Hyundai Sonata 2001
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: Sonata 2001
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The front passenger window is giving trouble. At first it would go up and down but with difficulty. In the process it would make a grating sound and be a little slow in managing to come up again.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Now it is just non-operational. Yes, I am hoping to fix it myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am first doing my internet search before attempting the repair.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Hyundai Sonata?
Customer: While it is old, it is actually in good repair. Everything on the car works as it should. However, being 14 years old, I now find I am having to repair one thing after another. All the other windows operate just fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is going on here? I processed through $5 on my credit card, only to have a much larger amount be drawn off it!
Is this a once off payment? I am very worried this is some sort of scam I am now into.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not want to belong to some monthly payment scheme. I only wanted one question answered.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As no-one is answering me, I shall go to my bank and have a block put against your number. I now feel very uncomfortable with your way of doing business.
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hello

sorry that you've had a bit of a wait

1st thing to try is to get a can of the silicone spray for lubrication rubber like this

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/grease/halfords-silicone-lubricant-400ml

this lubricates rubber without making it soft like oil, so a good spray sown each of the window channels can make a big difference

also look at the workings of the window mechanism by removing the door trim card and inspect the 1/4 gear at the bottom of the mech to check that its greased along its length and the teeth aren't damaged

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you