Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****. I have a 1996 Mazda Protege with 1.5

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 1996 Mazda Protege with 1.5 engine. The vehicle bogs down on take off from traffic light and idles very rough as though it is going to shut off. The check engine light is blinking on and off. Pep Boys said the problem was the MAP sensor. Would this be correct as they have misdiagnosed before?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had new plugs installed about 10 days ago and it ran fine for about 7 days. As I said it bogs down on take off than picks up and goes on. Transmission is 5 spd manual
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did they give you any of the diagnostic code numbers?

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.