Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Experience:  Automotive Expert
26942375

My 2002 freelander will not start or even turn over when

Customer Question

my 2002 freelander will not start or even turn over when turning the key, Battery is heavy duty and in good condition,
Every once and a while it will ingauge and start but is totally unreliable, What should I check?????
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the most likely cause is a failed starter motor, I would suggest replacing yours.
aside from that, your best bet will be to have the vehicle hooked up to a factory scan tool which can monitor all inputs and outputs from the start system in order to verify what is inhibiting start.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.