Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Iam ***** *****; after starting my 1993 iszuzu rodeo I put

Customer Question

Iam ***** *****; after starting my 1993 iszuzu rodeo I put the truck into reverse the truck stalled and engine died. I try to start it it wont start it dose crank over. the alternator & battery is good
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it sound like it may need fuel or it wont fire. new battery alternator was checked and it good. the truck drove for 5miles and was parked for 2hrs. when getting ing to start it started up but put it in rev. it died. after that it wont start plus it raining heavy during the lol.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

Hi Greg,

Sounds like a fuel supply issue.

Does your gauge still work ok?

Can you give it a squirt of carby cleaner inside the throttle body to see if it fire up, even for a second or so?

Gary

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what after spraying throttle body ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
gauge works
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

Hi Greg,

Spray some carb cleaner into the throttle body, then see if it will start even for a second or two.

If it does, then you need to measure fuel pressure.

Gary