Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Gfgg oh sorry no heat heater core gets hot so i'm guessing

Customer Question

gfgg oh sorry no heat heater core gets hot so i'm guessing the blower or the resistor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: new thermostat, doesn't overheat, burns a little oil gotta check the crankcase ventilation tube first things troubleshooting the heat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Might try a coolant system flush because the air works, and when I switch it to heat i'll get a little heat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure how that blower motor resistor works
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year make model and engine of it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 kia Sedona
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.5L V6
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Of course you will want to be sure that the fuses are all good.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the test instructions for the blower and the resistor and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's the way you work thru pdf?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just paid 8 dollars for the complete online manual, this was supposed to be discussion based.
then another 25 for the membership, now you want 6 $ for a pdf file ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i should've known better, thought we'd actually have a valued conversation
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Sorry we are not allowed to discuss money with customers and there really isn't a way to diagnose electrical problems through 'conversation', thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you're a joke
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and please come again, anytime.

Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 1 year ago.

Given your above statements would I be correct in stating that the problem is that the "heat isn't hot anymore". A Flush isn't a bad place to start, with it's age it's quite possibly due for it anyway. While flushing the system I would pull the hoses of the heater core and flush through it as well. Note how the initial coolant looks when it comes out and how well garden hose pressure flows freely out the other side. If that all check out ok and you're still not getting heat temporarily install a clear piece of hose in the lines to the core to check for aeration.

All of this assuming that the cooling system is full and has no internal or external leaks.

Have you had any luck getting heat out of that kia yet?