Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I got an Iron Cross bumper and installed it on my truck. The

Customer Question

I got an Iron Cross bumper and installed it on my truck. The license plate lights the new bumper came with have one wire. The old lights had two wires. How do I connect the new single wire lights to the old two wire harness??
Category: Car
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.

The new lights are most likely grounded through the bumper, so you'll just have to find out which of the old wires is the power wire. If you have a volt meter you can put the black lead on the negative battery terminal, or any other good clean ground source, and the red lead on one wire at a time with the light switch on to find which one is power. Once you find out, just connect the power wire from the vehicle harness to the wire for the lights on the bumper.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.