Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

On Monday after school my car was off and when I went out

Customer Question

on Monday after school my car was off and when I went out there later I heard the fan running, my stepdad said to unhook the battery and then yesterday we hooked it back up and tried to jump it but it still wont start
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

can you tell me the year and make and model of this car ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a 2002 mustang
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with the jumpstart on the car are all the dash lights lit up ?

which fan was running ? the coolant fan under the hood or the inside heater fan ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the lights light up and its the coolant fan under the hood
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

and it will not physically crank over at all ? not even a click from the starter ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like its about to turn on but then it just keeps cranking
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

will it run on starting fluid ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where to put the starting fluid at?
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, maybe I can help. Before you unhooked the battery, was the car starting and running normally?

If the vehicle was starting fine before disconnecting the battery, the passive anti-theft system may have been tripped by disconnecting the battery. Try locking and unlocking the driver door with the key, or if you have a remote, lock and unlock the car with the remote with all doors and the hood closed. Then try to start the vehicle.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.