Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I drove over a curb at a very slow speed by accident and now

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I drove over a curb at a very slow speed by accident and now it feels like my car has something loose underneath. it rumbles when it starts (yes the weather is cold) and when i go over 130 its really loud
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 4 speed auto vw golf 2003
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: no thats it
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There seems to be no leaks as i've watched it for a few days. it sounds like i have maybe pulled one of the pipes that extends to the muffler... so that may be causing that rattle. or a loose heat shield
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

Remember I am not there in front of your car and I can't hear the same noises you are hearing.

It sounds like yes you may have knocked the exhaust loose on your car.

is there any way you could record the noise and post it to you tube or another link and send it to me (post the link here) ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can do that within the hour.

ok post it when you can