rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I got a clunk when putting my 1992 SL2 Saturn into reverse,

Customer Question

My name is***** got a clunk when putting my 1992 SL2 Saturn into reverse, and could not get the car to go backwards when giving a little gas. I put the car in nuetral, rolled it back then put the car in drive...again, not moving forward when given a little gas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The "Shift To D2 lite came on, but still no motion, froward. I turned the car off, but had a difficult time restarting, like the battery was low....thoughts?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The first thing to do is check the computer for codes AND data from a real scan tool. Then check the trans fluid for being low or dirty. The next thing to do is drop the pan and do a visual check of components including the valve body.

Thanks, Ron