Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****. My 2004 Rodeo, the reduced power

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. My 2004 Rodeo, the reduced power light and check engine light came. This is the third time this has happened. My auto tech guy cleaned the T/B the first time and it worked fine for about 5 months.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cleaned it the second time and it worked fine until now. I'm a rural mail carrier and I run approx./ 160 miles per day. After it happens I'm lucky if I can get to 50mph. The first time my auto tech scanned it and it had the code for a faulty throttle body.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can you have it scanned again to see which codes are stored? Most parts stores do that for free. Once I know the code I can determine how to diagnose this.