Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1998 Discovery Landrover, lost the alarm phob have

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Discovery Landrover, lost the alarm phob have a spar key but cant bypass alarm
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats it, I need to bypass the alarm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models you have to have the alarm fob to unlock the doors to turn off the alarm to correct this here.You can try to lock and unlock the doors with the metal key blade to see if this disarms it but usually you will need the fob to disarm it unfortunately.You may have to obtain one from a dealer and have it programmed to your vehicle to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete