Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2003 XL7 the code says it has a bad #1 O2 sensor

Customer Question

I have a 2003 XL7 the code says it has a bad #1 O2 sensor could that cause a low power off the line system.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'d assuming your asking if a oxygen sensor problem could cause a lack of power? I figured I'd double check because I'm not sure what you mean by "line system"? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has very little power at acceleration. The engine will reve but it's like there is no power to the wheels. The transmission shop said it's a drivability issue. But it codes the 02 censor.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you may have a clogged catalytic converter. First unplug electrical connections on front oxygen sensor. If that helps you know the oxygen sensor needs to be replaced. If not, remove the oxygen sensor completely from exhaust to see if it runs better, if so the catalytic converter is clogged. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.