Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My name is ke vin i have a 2005 range rover with a message

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i have a 2005 range rover with a message on the dash bord daying trans failsafe prog
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This usually indicates a fault has been detected by the computer with one or more of the transmission components are at fault.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.This is done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed and repaired.

This can be a range of different components causing this fault here from a faulty sensor or solenoid in the transmission or an issue with the valve body itself or even more in depth mechanical issues in the transmission.The codes will need checked to help pinpoint the fault here for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete