Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo, and today the Power Drive warning

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo, and today the Power Drive warning light came on. Seems that the steering became rough too. Is it dangerous? What repair needs to be done?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought it used, from the original owner, the ABS light was on when I bought it. Two mechanics did the diagnostic test, didn't find the brakes were faulty, but one read an intermittent signal from one of the wheels. All the boots needs to be replaced. Overall, the car has low miles, and most of the service records. 105K for a 1998.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there was a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors this can cause the issues with the power drive light in some cases.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out of all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair any of the faults here.I would have the codes re checked now that the power drive light is on.

You may need a wheel speed sensor replaced but you may also need another component replaced to correct this issue here.This will need checked/tested further to pinpoint and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete