Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

I am in process of purchasing a new car. They recommend you

Customer Question

I am in process of purchasing a new car. They recommend you purchase Auto Armor for interior and exterior protection against things which can "ruin" your paint, upholstery, under carriage, and tires. It would include salt, bird dropping, brake dust, beverage spills, tears to upholstery, cracked dash boards, etc. what do you know of this product and or company? Is it necessary or beneficial? Thoughts??
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. No. I would strongly recommend you do not elect for any of this dealer installed gimmick. None of this stuff is worth anything. My shop was forced to sell this crap and all it did was upset the customers, because they had to keep coming back to pay for the 'reapplication' of the junk. There is absolutely nothing out there that 'protects' the car's paint better than the factory finishes. If such a product existed, the car manufacturers would most certainly utilize this technology. Don't allow them to talk you into this useless expenditure of your money.

Please confirm that you have received my input on your request. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I was figuring as much but wanted to hear from others

You are very welcome. Glad to help. Trust me. I have observed these salespeople come into the dealership. They tout high profits to the sales dept because their product costs very little. This is like a 75% markup. Plus, it could void you new vehicle warranty.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer