Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

I'm looking at 2013 Maserati GranTurismo Convertible with

Customer Question

I'm looking at 2013 Maserati GranTurismo Convertible with 3300 miles on it that was in a flood. The water got the carpet wet, but they say it did not get any higher. They said within 24 hours the carpet was removed, cleaned and put back. I had a car inspector go out to the Copart auction and send me pictures back. The car runs and drives, but has a Parking Brake Fault on the dash. I've looked that up and it looks like it may just need to be reset, by letting the car idle for awhile or restarting it a few times. My real question is, I have a picture of a compartment that is in the passenger side floor pan. It definitely shows that water/dirt got in there. I see the wiring harness and it appears as if there is a connector that is not plugged in to something that could be missing. Could it be that this missing component was just an option that was not purchased with this car? I would love to send you the picture of this if you'd like to see it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you Yes. Please upload your picture. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am out of town and on an iPad. I can email you the photo, but can't download it on this device to upload it to you. I see you are a Toyota mechanic, have you ever worked on a Maserati GranTurismo?

I have worked on several Maseratis back in the day. Ferrari, Jag and Lotus too. However, I have had experience with many flood cars. If I were you, I would be VERY wary of this car. Anytime we have been involved in flood car issues, we ALWAYS replace the carpet. The fact that they removed and replaced the carpet within 24 hours sounds very dubious. Additionally, there is wiring under the carpet on all cars. If the carpet was wet, the wiring is wet. That means corrosion in the connectors. Unless you are prepared to endure a potential nightmare of electrical issues on this car, I would pass.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
While I appreciate your input, to be frank, I thought I was going to be asking questions of a Maserati mechanic that could look at the picture and tell me if something was missing or if this may have just been an option that the buyer didn't get when they purchased the car. I'm not satisfied and would like the money credited back to my credit card. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.