Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  8yrs. exp. engine repair performance brakes electrical air condition
10186415

I own a 2005 Suzuki xl7 2.7l and the 3rd valve got bent when

Customer Question

I own a 2005 Suzuki xl7 2.7l and the 3rd valve got bent when the newly installed Advance Auto timing chain broke.should the shop change only the damaged valve or should I have them change all the valves.the car has 130,000 miles on it and is in excellent shape.planning on keeping it for a long time. Also Who's responsible for what costs?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tristan Franklin replied 10 months ago.

If a valve broke more than likely you will need a new engine, at least you need a piston and anew cylinder head and camshaft. Now for some odd reason if only 1 valve broke and no engine damage occurred then absolutely no they should not have to replace the other valve nor should you. Either way they are responsible for parts and labor unless they prove it had nothing to do with the repair they made which would be highly unlikely. Sound like a bad part was installed or a poor job was done. Please give a positive rating. Thanks