cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

2007 Holiday Rambler 400 hp Cummins Diesel. Still have

Customer Question

2007 Holiday Rambler 400 hp Cummins Diesel . Still have trouble with the engine maintain ing a steady pace when on cruise .. 85% of the time the cruise performs fine ..the other 15 % it can't make up its mind to go ahead and accelerate . You can tap the accelerator pedal and it will pick and go on ...I have changed the fuel filters 5 times ..both filers and it seems that it is still having a problem with PUMPING the fuel ... (1) Is there a strainer on the bottom of the pick up tube in the tank ..?? The other morning it was 26 degrees and is seemed to be worst !! Could the fuel have started to freeze? If the tank has a JELL in the bottom is there a fluid I can add to return the Jelled fuel back to a liquid ?? I have added over the past three tanks of fuel .. 5 bottles of PPCP fuel additive .. A check by a mechanic should "Low fuel pressure " ...possible pump replacement !!I believe that with 40,000 miles it is not a bad pump ..but clogged strainer, line or tank !! When the engine runs right ..it is smooth as silk .. It does seem a little under powered sometimes which brings us back to low fuel flow ,I think ..Let me know .
Category: Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i would have to say that the strainer on the fuel pump is clogged and no the fuel wont freeze until the temp drops below 0 degrees

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the fuel JELLING ... ??? Is there a chemical that will take a JELLED fuel and return it to liquid state .???Does the tank pick up have a strainer on it ???
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

the strainer is on the pump its self

Lucas Oil 10866L 64 Oz. Anti-gel Cold Weather Diesel Treatment (6 Case)

Part# *****