Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Im ***** *****. I have a 92 mitsubishi mighty max. I changed

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Im ***** *****. I have a 92 mitsubishi mighty max. I changed the power unit because it wouldent start when it is warm. It starts when cold thoe. it ran normal for 4 days after i changed the part and its doin it again. any suggestions what could be causing this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Starts only when its cold. If its warm or hot it wont start it just turns over but wont fire
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I’m a retired master technician and tech instructor with over 30 years experience. I also have access to a pretty good database on automotive service and repair. However, if you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help you if you…

… don’t have tools or the skills to use them

… don’t know there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper diagnosis

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

… don’t understand that I will need you to provide specific information

So, it starts and runs OK when cold but not when warm? What's missing when it's warm spark or fuel? Will it start and idle when warm if you keep spraying carb or choke cleaner down the throttle?