Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

2001 pt cruiser..no signals or emergency flashers ..replaced

Customer Question

2001 pt cruiser..no signals or emergency flashers ..replaced multi-functional signal unit and flasher relay..still no signals or flashers except they flash couple times when I use electronic entry.....wow...any help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 10 months ago.

hello, little confused, you did the flasher? under dash? there is not a flasher for turns under dash so, can you please resend as much detailed information as you can and this is a 2001 PT? I am sorry but can only offer answers based on what the customer send us and there is not a flasher under the dash thus why I am trying to gather more information, thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Flasher relay is under dash.next to fuse box...this was replaced...came from napa....also multifunctional switch on steering column replaced too...what else is there that controls flashers and signals...bulbs are fine and allsignal lamps will flash upon use of electronic door entry...also no signal light indicators flash on the dash.....is there another relay or flaher unit in fuse box under the hood?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All other lights and electical systems are fine...only emergency flashers wontcome on or any signal lights
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is 2001 pt cruiser
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This model does have fog lamps too..but everthing else is fine.except signals and emergency flashers

Understood but what I am not adding up on my end is the flasher is not under the dash, The flasher is on the back of the multifunction switch, I have the description below and location picture attached direct from the 2001 PT repair manual, This why I asked ,

COMBINATION FLASHER
The turn signal flasher and the hazard warning flasher are combined into one unit called a Combination Flasher (combo-flasher). The combo-flasher is a smart relay located on the back of the multi-function switch. The combo-flasher is black in color and has a dampener material wrapped on it. Constant battery voltage is supplied to the flasher so that it can perform the hazard warning function, and ignitor switched battery voltage is supplied for the turn signal function. However, when the flasher is idle no current is drawn through the module. The unit does not become active until it is provided a signal ground from the turn signal switch or hazard warning switch.

Each and every multifunction switch I pull up for the 01 PT shows the spot for the flasher to plug into on the back of the switch

you can open the file, It clearly shows in the picture the slots on the back of the switch where the relay goes, so dont understand under dash, It is not there, flasher is the likely

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It really didnt help me at all to solve my problem...the combo flasher if its part of the multi functional signal switch has been replaced so it must not be getting the power supply to it...maybe some kinda fuse under hood fusebox...I dont know...j/s

not enough information, I am sorry , you said originally under dash, I sent correct information and now you are saying did not help, I am sorry I did not help but can only answer based on information what customers send to me. you did not say you found the flasher at the switch nor put one in, you said IF and then said replaced so I am very confused, I will opt out as seems we can not communicate as we could, my fault, I am doing my best based on your replies and what you have done and tried, I will opt out, Please save the rating for the expert that does help, thanks, ***** ***** my best