rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Mathis my Hyundai accent (2002) automatic will not start.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** mathis my Hyundai accent (2002) automatic will not start. fuel pump relay will not kick in while turning over the key
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: pump is good, relay is good, but car will not start even bypassing the relay
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: there is not any fuel cut off switch
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I drove to a place 20 miles away with no problems, placed it in park and shut off the car. four hours later got back into the Hyundai accent and would not start. It would turn over but the fuel pump engage. I manually engaged the fuel pump relay and the car still would not start. all the fuses are good and everything has power. what am I doing wrong.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You need to check your ignition switch for power out to the relay. Also check to see if your security light is on or flashing.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car turns over and there is not any security on the car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Great, then please continue to check what I suggested to you.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power out to the ignition switch relay and there is not any security on the vehicle.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Ok, please read this attachment I'm sending you completely.

Thanks again,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but i checked the power from ignition switch to the relay and there is power. i know i am missing a signal to tell the fuel pump relay to kick on. I have spark from my plugs too.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a security problem now.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

If you have a key gob and a beeping horn, then you have a security system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is not any of those. No security on this car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Check for injector power with a NOID light.