Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2006 range rover hse v8 non supercharged I am a shop I have

Customer Question

2006 range rover hse v8 non supercharged I am a shop I have issue with the key not turning at all steering wheel unlocks and does not lock after key removal and when the key does turen after I remove both fuse 18 and 51 for 10 seconds key will turn and starter does start car intermittentlt some times I can here it just click but the headlights donot dim bob
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault with the ignition switch itself.I have seen intermittent issues with the electronic ignition switch in the past before cause issues like this here needing replaced to correct this fault.If the ignition switch has not been tested/checked at all this needs done.if found to be at fault it will need replaced to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete