George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

I'm ***** *****. I'm trying to figure out if my 2000 mazda

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm ***** *****. I'm trying to figure out if my 2000 mazda mpv has a map or maf sensor or both.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have trouble code Po107 and the car has a rough idle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You have a MAF and a Baro sensor which is what your P0107 code is for. This sensor lets the computer know when the EGR valve has opened and Exhaust gas is flowing.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a Baro sensor or is that another name for map sensor?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

On top of the air box is the Baro sensor and the MAF is in the intake duct near the airbox.

The P0107 sets when the computer opens the EGR valve and does not see a change in pressure at the baro sensor so it flags the sensor as bad. As long as everthing is in place as it came from the factory I would be looking at the EGR valve hanging open due to your complaint of rough idle. It gets carbon buildup and if it is open you get rough idle and the computer never sees a change in pressure when it opens the valve.

Click here for sensor locations

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you