How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Randall C Your Own Question
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 12803
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
Type Your Car Question Here...
Randall C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Gas is leaking from this thing under throttle body...[see

Customer Question

gas is leaking from this thing under throttle body...[see image]...what is it, and what do I do to fix it please?...
1985 Toyota 4x4 pickup 22 RE-C motor
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, cal you tell if any hoses hooked to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no hose/s connected to it...kinda looks like it might screw in, but not sure...let me see if I can get a better picture...
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

odd , are you sure? Is it in the fuel rail, I am pretty dran sure I know what it is, but no hoses at all to it is odd

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no hose...looks as if goes on end of fuel rail...
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

ok, the only item that would be in that location screws in in the fuel pressure regulator, The round end is actually a rubber diaphram inside that controls fuel pressure, Nothing else like this would be in the fuel rail and yes,, the regulator does screw into the fuel rail

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the part leaking the only thing needed to fix this?...or does the whole fuel pressure regulator have to be replaced?
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

it is the fuel regulator, it can start leaking at a seam etc, It unscrews, its all one piece so the only repair would be a fuel pressure regualtor, no other parts, the regulator will have a seal on the ed=nd so remove and install new

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all of the ones I see online look to have places for hoses, but as I said, there are no hoses connected to this one...can you give me a link where to buy one like I have?
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

i understand but screwed in the rail has to be the regulator, have you tried removing it? maybe the nipple broke off it and you just cant see it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sir no nipple/s...looks like maybe it's a dampener or something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago. it possible to repair, clean or do something to this fuel injection damper?...
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay, I have nothing on my end repair wise and have?? been doing this a a tech for near 38 years, Agree, it may be a damper what they would call a pulsation damper but nothing at all repair wise and I cant remember all of them so,, everything I have on my end is fuel pressure regulator, so,, can you send the full VIN and maybe I can find more