John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

ENGLISH / FOREIGN CAR WIRING SCHEMATICS - I have been an

Customer Question

ENGLISH / FOREIGN CAR WIRING SCHEMATICS - I have been an Electronic Technician for 30 plus years and know how to read any "normal" schematic. I have a rush job on a Range Rover that I must repair. I do have the schematics but as you know they are a different animal. Is there any "quick learn" resource that I can study for a short period that will enable me to learn most everything? Just something that shows symbol comparisons enough to just get this job done.
Category: Car
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I have some diagram info for some of those vehicles. What year Range Rover are you working on?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I can fax them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have ALL the diagrams for this 2005 rr. I think you might have misunderstood my question.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You are looking for the key to the diagrams, correct? The key that tells you what the symbols mean? I have that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MODERATOR.......MODERATOR.......PLEASE CANCEL THIS QUESTION FOR THE REASONS BELOW.

I am afraid that I do not understand this new "extra help" policy. If this is being regarded as a standard question by experts and all I need is ONE sheet of copy, why would you providing or any expert providing that single sheet be considered "Extra". It is like paying a fee to enter a baseball stadium ONLY so that you can go to the ticket counter to purchase the ticket. I don't like this policy at all and I will have not part of it. I am not going to leave any rating at all because nobody has answered the question.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you do not like the way the site is set up.
I do not know of a video or other information
source for you to learn from. Every automotive
wiring diagram I have seen uses either standard
symbols, supplies a 'key' to the diagram or both.
I received no response from you when I inquired
about your specific needs so I just made the
offer to send you the keys through the way the
site is set up. You are certainly welcome to
decline the offer.
Thank you.