Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 suzuki xl7 replace steering pump, rack and pinion power

Customer Question

2007 suzuki xl7 replace steering pump, rack and pinion power steering cooler and still have problems with it ..hard to steer at low speeds when i drive it for a couple of miles..
Category: Car
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. When you replaced the rack, did you check to make sure that the wheels turned easily when the rack was not connected? I have seen seized up ball joints cause similar symptoms in the past on more than one occasion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they turn easily
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

I can not tell based on your response if the rack and pinion was replaced?

If you increase the rpm will it then steer easier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does make it easier to steer

The Suzuki test indicates that is more throttle helps that means the pump is not putting out enough pressure and flow. Do you have hydraulic gauges to test the pump.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No unfortunately I don't have one it is there a other way to test the pump

The gauge is the only way to test the pump other than increasing the rpms to make it make more pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bu why only does while is hot o driving temperature. the first 10- 15 miles it drives perfect and after that is when it starts to get hard to steer if i do not increase the rpms.

When the vehicle heats up the fluid does as well. This changes the viscosity and effects the pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any restriction valves on the line if it is can i replaced whit a filter

The pressure relief valve is built into the pump output fitting.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris