Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 97 Brooklands leaks mineral oil in the garage unless I

Customer Question

My 97 Brooklands leaks mineral oil in the garage unless I meticulously depressurize the accumulators at the end of a drive. The pumps pressurize the system in a normal time frame. Thus, I suspect that the leak is not through the pumps themselves, but at hose/pipeing O rings. What is the sequence in getting to the pump-hose connections. I want to avoid doing things out of sequence as well as removing something that does not need to be removed. If the intake manifold must come off as well as the low pressure turbo manifold, what gaskets etc in addition to the proper size mineral oil compatable O rings should I have on hand?
Thanks for your assistance, WKH
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied here on how to check these or what sequence needs done to access these here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.The best place to find out what is best to access and check this for leaks is from a dealer or authorized repair center and in some cases they may not charge to tell you this info here.If this is not an option for you here or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete