sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 2008 SuzukI XL7-PREMIUM and I am having same issues

Customer Question

Hello I have 2008 SuzukI XL7-PREMIUM and I am having same issues what I read online about locking system. Once you press lock button on your key remote or inside the car door locks it do make noise like it's locking but locks don't move.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also I did check fuses... number 8 for power doors...once I remove that fuse I can't hear anymore noise. So fuse is good.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you have failed lock actuators. The lock actuators are the solenoids in the latches that control locking and they will often make a screeching noise as they fail. All doors wouldn't fail at exactly the same time but I'm assuming that if this is what you're hearing all doors didn't start making noise at exactly the same time.

Can you describe the noise you're hearing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It make noise like it try to lock the door or when you unlock. ..it try to unlock the door but won't open...sounds like it open when you see the actual lock it won't move.

Are you seeing a small movement from the linkage when you hear the noise?

It's the normal actuator sound you're hearing, not a screeching type noise?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No screeching noise at all...it just like regular locking or unlocking noise but only locks won't move at all

How many doors exactly are having the issue and can you say 100% whether they all started having the problem at the same time or not?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In beginning back doors now all doors having issues

Do you have an incandescent test light or a headlamp bulb and a couple jumper wires?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do have jumper cable and headlight bulb

Jumper wires to connect to the bulb and then to fuse 8 to see if it lights the bulb brightly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello I did check fuse. Fuse is good when I took out the fuse it dont make any noise anymore. so Whats the actual cause for this problem?

What was your finding doing the test I explained to do at the fuse?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

I'm not able to talk on the phone.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did the test and bulb got bright as soon
It light the bulb brightly as soon as I touch the fuse 8.

You're able to lock and unlock the doors mechanically without a problem?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
with hand each door lock working.
Locking and unlocking

Are you able to remove door panels?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can which one ?

If no doors are working then all the panels may need to come off, but pick whichever one you'd want to start with. You're going to need to remove the door panel and use a test light or load light set up on the lock actuator wires with the connectors unplugged, press the lock and unlock button and see if the light powers up when doing so.