Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I'm contemplating buying a 2001 Bentley Arnage RL today. I

Customer Question

Hi! I'm contemplating buying a 2001 Bentley Arnage RL today. I have discovered several articles online about camshaft failures, but am confused about what model years this pertains to, 2001 or later. Is this an issue with the 2001 RL. Any other issues I should be concerned about?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chad Chesterman replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm an ASE Master Technician. I specialize in electrical and drive ability concerns. I do much foreign work (I.E. mercedes,porsche,jaguar,) It is not often i have a Bentley come into the shop. (That is a good thing, The less i see a make of car, the more dependable they are.) I have made some calls to friends in the business for more advise on this topic and will be back in touch as soon as i have an answer that i feel will correctly justify an answer to your question.

Thank you,

Chad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks. Awaiting your reply.

As my friend (The Bentley Tech) is unreachable at the moment, I will hand off your question to the other techs. When I can speak to him i will advise on your question if it is still open.

Thank you,

Chad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you still need help with this here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I still need answers.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I saw that no one here was able to give you the exact info your looking for.

Have you tried to speak with a dealer or repair center that works on this model to see if they can tell you about any common issues that need repaired on this here?If not this may be the best option to get all the info you need on this.If this is not an option for you on this here I can open your question back up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I give up! You won't like my rating so please do not ask.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I apologize my info didnt help here.If you like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete