Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The fuel pump does not get power. Like to know which

Customer Question

The fuel pump does not get power. Like to know which relay/fuse is involve in the circuit.
Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

can you tell me the year and make and model this vehicle is ?

Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

what is the year and model is this vehicle ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Greetings Gary. Sorry I did not answer promptly. I have a friend with the same name and uses the email headings similar to your///////
The auto in trouble is an Oldsmobile, Intrigue GL, 3.5 L, year 1999. For awhile it was hesitant starting. Once it started it worked fine. The next time I started it it would be OK,
then the following time it would no start until I pressed the accelerator, then it would start. It has been through the dealer and two mechanics Then finally two Saturdays ago it decided to die.
One of the mechanics decided to check the system. First thing he said that fuel pump is bad. Well, is true and not. There is no power to the pump connector. We followed the wiring
with a tester he is got. There is no power in the connector. Then he checked the fuse/relay panel, all the fuses are ok, he swapped one or two relays but did no help.
He suspects there is another fuse someplace between the fuse/relay panel and the pump. We found a bad hose and it was replaced, ok now.
We do not have a diagram for that system. I ordered a CD with the auto diagram for that year. I do not have it yet.
I do not know how to chat. If you need more info, through the email, I will give you any info if I have it.
Marco
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car is an Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 3.5 L year 1999. The pump was working very well, it has been replced about 6 months ago. The mechanic checked the power with a tool he is got. Took the connector off and check on the pins, no power. Then went to tyhe fuse/relay panel, checked all the fuses and all are OK. He suspects that someplace is a fuse on line or by the ignition system that is bad....Who knows. I m still waiting for the CD, according to the company I purchased it from it has been shipped since last week before Christmas.
Marco Sharpe.