Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 Scion tC stopped responding on the ghway. After a few

Customer Question

2006 Scion tC stopped responding on the highway. After a few minutes on the shoulder it started up and drove normally. A day later it died again and would not run. It turned over and started up, but would immedately turn off. Replaced crankshaft sensor and the vehicle starts up, warms up and idles (battery was disconnected for hours during replacement and the computer took a while to readjust) but after 60 to 90 seconds of warming up the accelertor becomes completely unresponsive as if the TPS is not functioning at all.
Note: after crankshaft sensor when just started (cold) the accelerator works normally. As soon as it starts to warm up the unresponsive TPS problem starts to manifest.
What could be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are there any codes in the computer? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a scanner and cannot facilitate you with a code.
The VIN is JTKDE167160085168
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Thank you for sending the VIN. If at any time you would be willing to speak on the phone, please request an offer on your end. Meanwhile, I will pull up your vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, are you able to get me the code number sometime today? If so, that would be a big help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not be able to get you an answer till next week.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Take your time.