Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is art, my issue is idling and dyeing. cold engine

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** issue is idling and dyeing. cold engine seems to run pretty good. up to operating temp the idle will be rough and low. It will die if i don't feather throttle. This not a all the time situation but most of the time. had throttle body cleaned and they tested fuel pressure. OK. any common threads that may help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: To restart i have to let sit for awhile and it will eventually start. Died once, few days ago as i was driving, 35 mph. it wouldnt duplicate problem in shop but it wasn't road tested.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Make ,model ,engine and year of your car .

Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .

How many miles on this engine .

what work has been done in the past.

Greg

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
chev s10 vortex '95. the service engine light on most of time. will go out on occasions. engine has 100,000 plus small amount.
the throttle body has been cleaned. wanted to incease idle so when idle is rough it wont dye if repair is going to take some time,(my part) Fuel pressure also has been checked and tested good.
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Okay first i suggest you check for codes ,if its been on (check engine light ) for a long time i suggest you check for codes note them the clear code sand do a good test drive .

After a good 1/2 hr test drive with highway town stop and start recheck for codes .

Then please post codes here for me .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
greg
it will take a while to do this. i don't have have device to get codes. have to use parts store service for this. i will get back after i get this done. Probbaly Mon.
Thanks for getting back
art
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Hi Art .

Great .no problem time not a problem .

Just get back to me when you have the codes .

Rgds Greg